Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Playing Catch-Up

I've been away from the blog for a while, I've got to catch up! Let's see..

I made the most delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies (which tasted exactly no different from regular ol' chocolate chip:

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies


I've officially gained about twenty pounds now, up to 148lbs , and while I'm a little bit slower, I feel good. No major complaints here! I fell off my yoga kick a bit (shame, shame on me) but tonight, oh tonight, it is ON. The DVD I'm using is Prenatal Yoga with Shiva Rea, and I definitely recommend it.

Everything for Baby Gaga has been purchased online and is on its way, or is going to be purchased in the next couple of weeks. I'm spending lots of time these last couple days washing all the cute things and folding them up nice daydreaming of when the little one kicking my insides is going to be wearing them.

I'm knitting a baby blanket! I needed a change from knitting soakers over and over, so I found a leafy stitch pattern online, and did a little math to give me a width of about 32" with a border of seed stitch. I'm knitting in Handmaiden Ottawa, a 92% wool, 8% viscose blend from my stash. I've had the yarn for a couple years now and I just couldn't find a project worthy of it until now!
IMG_1258

IMG_1261


Annabelle's nursery is almost ready. My craft supplies are all packed up downstairs, her dresser and change station are set up and the piano is moved to the other side of the room. It's so hard to go through my yarn and craft stuff without feeling like making ALL THE THINGS and spending way too much time daydreaming about the day I'll knit this, or sew that.

This weekend is the huge baby sale on base where I may score a few extra receiving blankets, some cute clothes and other lovelies. Apparently it's a total gongshow, with over twenty grand in sales in the first four hours according to our prenatal instructor. We're going to show up really early and I'm going to wear football shoulder-pads so everyone knows I mean business. 

I am a thrifting professional, you better believe it. Last week Alex and I found a stroller, practically brand-new for $10. I'm so glad, too, because spending so little on it will keep me from feeling too badly if I don't use it very much. At least it'll be an option for me when I get back into running, and it'll be good to have when Annabelle is a little older and wearing her while on errands is less practical.

I've got the sewing bug lately! I sewed Alex a cover for Lucy's tank and now I want to find patterns for Moby and meitai carriers and I want to sew myself a big comfy maxi-dress - the perfect comfy thing for my current roundness, feminine and pretty enough to wear after the birth. Something like this, but with a higher waist:

Perfect for twirling!

Next week is our last prenatal class, and then.. we wait! While I'm in a hurry to bond with my little baby, I know that this time spent with Alex is something we'll never have again, so baby, you stay in there for as long as you need. :)

Click twice to vote us up the ranks! Thanks!

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Let me know if you'd like to swap buttons :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...